Nutella, for me, is a recent thing. Well, fairly recent. Last couple of years. Before, it was always this strange chocolatey thing that my siblings put on bread then toasted and smelled really good. But I never was an adventurous eater and never tried it.
Until one day, I did. And it was amazing. <3 Now I'm a huge fan of nutella. Cheesecakes, not so much, but these cheesecakes are teeny tiny bite sized portions and let's admit it. Anything with Nutella has to be good, haha. So here we go! (Note: Did not make these, my sister did. I just observed :P)
What you need:
For the crust:
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
250g cream cheese
400g can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Nutella
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a mini muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter with a fork until well combined. Place about 1 teaspoonful into each mini-muffin liner, pressing down firmly. Bake for 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla, and then sour cream, until well combined.
- Spoon filling over prepared crusts, about a tablespoon to tablespoon and a half into each. Drizzle or pipe Nutella over filling and swirl with a toothpick. Resist urge to lick fingers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheesecakes are set. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire rack to cool additional 10 minutes, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
My oh my, these were super tasty! When we had them freshly, the crust was crispy, the cheesecake creamy and oh-so-Nutella-y. Since these were tiny too, they were not too rich at all. (Though of course, some people had two, or three, or ten, haha)
Of course, these were part of the array of desserts at the KTB open house and were popular precisely because they were so small. You don't feel obligated to have a huge chunk of cheesecake. They are of course, so much more tedious to make but oh so worth it! They're so cute. :D Cute little bites of Nutella perfection, hehe.
Quote of the day: There are limits to self-indulgence, none to restraint.